One of my best friends is pregnant! Yes very exciting news, but that means a baby shower. NO PRESSURE.
Planning a baby shower can be a lot especially on a budget! But when you pool together your resource, you can do a Pinterest inspired shower on the cheap. It will take some extra elbow grease and some creative skills, but you can do it.
Here are some of the ways we pulled together our friend’s shower on a limited budget:
1. Onesie Banner- We Used tissues paper tassels, some basic white onesies and paper to create this banner that we hung over the food table.
Total Cost: $7.00 (most of which was the onsies).
Bonus: You can give the mom to be the onesies to take home as part of her gift.
2. Use paper, kabob skewers and tape to add some festive theming to flower arrangements.
Total Cost: $1.00 for paper.
3. Use an existing photo frame and some sharpies to create a fun activity. Here we had guests write funny messages on the diapers to give the new mommy a laugh in the wee-hour diaper changes.
Total Cost: $20.00 for the diapers.
Bonus: The mom to be can take the diapers home as part of her gift.
4. Use paper and string to cut out your own pendant banner to add some festive flair to any wall or table.
Total Cost: $3.00 for paper and string.
Other helpful hints when doing themed parties:
- Use all white platters, they will match any theme, or a Nora Fleming Platter.
- Colored napkins, cups and straws add festive colors to any party for a low price most colors can be found at the dollar store.
- Using food as a favor option (popcorn or chocolate covered pretzel rods, like above) give a handmade flair on the cheap.
What budget party planning tips do you have? Share them in the comments below.